Congratulations! You just got engaged wooo! It feels like you are ontop of the world right?! I was so ecstatic when I first got engaged but then when I would tell people about it, I got so many questions about wedding planning it was overwhelming. “What’s the date? Where is it gonna be? What is your theme? What are your colors?”. As I searched wedding blogs and pinterest there were so many amazing ideas it is hard to narrow it down. Many of my brides tell me that they just don’t know where to start with wedding planning. So here are the top 5 things you should do after getting engaged:
- Enjoy being engaged! Take a bunch of selfies or record a video of how you are feeling. Get your nails done to get that perfect ring selfie. Throw a party and celebrate woo!!!
- Decide who you are going to tell and how. This will bring you closer together to discuss it. Plus it is so hard to keep such a happy secret 🙂 Just make sure the right people find out first then post on social media.
- Take care of your ring. Get it sized and insured. As well as start looking at a wedding band for your soon to be spouse.
- Create a vision for your wedding by incorporating both of your interests.
- Will it be big or small?
- Will it be outdoors or indoors?
- What season do you want to get married in (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter?)
- What kind of theme, florals and colors do you envision?
- Now you can check out venues (or find a location outdoors) that matches your vision and see what dates they have available during the season you want. That will allow you to set the date knowing you have the perfect place for your vows.
What other tips do you have for newly engaged couples? Please leave your comments below!