November 26, 2018
Here is a list of my favorite deals. Despite popular belief Professional Gear and Computers are rarely on sale this time of year. Instead I stock up on the little things and online courses which typically are the most discounted they will ever be. Of course there are a lot more dealsnout there, please share your awesome finds in the comments 🙂
2) $22.99 64gb Sandisk Extreme Pro SD Cards from B&H (cheaper than Best Buy!). My camera shoots to an SD and a CF Card at the same time. CF cards are faster, but I have broken several card readers so I prefer using my SD card because I can plug it right into my computer. I have never filled up a 64gb at a wedding, I like to have all of my photos on the same card. Since I shoot to both an SD and a CF card I don’t feel the need to switch out several 8 or 16 gb cards. The Extreme Pro is fast enough for me with 95 mb/s, though there are faster it just isn’t necessary for what I shoot.
3) Dubsado! They are giving away 2 FREE FOR LIFE Memberships on their Facebook Page. Try it out and buy it by the end of the day to get their $25/month or $250/year deal! They are adding new features all the time and you will be locked into this awesome rate! They just added a scheduler so you don’t need calendly or acuity anymore, it is all in one place! I use them because I setup an automatic email for new inquiries and it also texts me when I get a new inquiry. I love that I can setup beautiful questionairres and client portals. But most of all, it is so easy to book people because when I send them the pricing it is beautiful and what they actually click on to pay! No more back and forth on what collection they want or what they want to add, they just click and enter their payment info. Use my link for 20% the normal price anytime https://www.dubsado.com/?c=kacilouphotography
4) Quick Books Self-Employed App $3/month the first 3 months then $10/month. They have made it super simple to keep track of everything you need for taxes! Download the app on your phone to track your mileage and take pictures of receipts. You can also email receipts to quickbooks and connect your bank account.
5) Shootproof 40% off yearly plans! That is a steal. I have been with them for 4 years now and they just keep getting better and better! If you are not ready for a CRM like Dubsado, shootproof will take care of you! It is what I have used to send invoices, contracts they can sign online, online galleries which clients can purchase prints through or download photos from, clients can download mobile apps with 100 photos on them, as well as setup automated email reminders for client visitors and invoice payments!
6) Two Bright Lights is offering 20% off annual plans making it $136, promo code TURKEY. That is how I have been getting published and it is super easy to submit to several blogs at once.
7) Online Education. I love everything Katelyn James, she is bubbly and sweet and teaches why things are important, not just how to do them. KJ is 20% off today! If she is not your type of teacher, Amy and Jordan have the same style of photography and approach to business. They really break things down (they were elementary school teachers). They are offering $200 off their courses. https://www.creativelive.com/ was my first introduction to online courses and I own everything Jasmine Star on there. They are offering 50% off. Ben Hartley’s Booked Course has helped my business the most, I can measure the return on investment on this one and have booked several weddings because of things he teaches. He is offering $100 off on his courses.
8) House of Flynn Bags. I have recently become obsessed with all of her bags because they are so beautiful and so functional. I just got the Black Fable Siren bag from my stepmom and used it to hold my wedding day camera gear and laptop 🙂 It doubles as a messenger bag or backpack. 30% off all bags use code BF2018.
Hope that was helpful! I mainly used this Black Friday-Cyber Monday to get things I was already going to buy. When you see deals, you have to ask your self if you really need it, will it propel your business forward. Or is it just a sales tactic that makes you want it. I buy my gear in order of necessity. Now that I have my style and the minimum amount of gear I need to execute it, I am focused on buying things for my business that will allow it to grow by marketing it or saving time so I can market myself, or close more leads for me. *A couple of links were affiliate links so I get credit if you buy through my link and it saves you money so win-win 🙂